An athlete having any kind of fat is unheard of. Unless the athlete you are referring to is a Sumo wrestler, the need for an athlete to have body fat is practically nil. However, fitness being at peak levels is what matters and in order to aid athletes from burning body fat as well as maintain fitness levels at their optimum are protein and amino acid supplements.
While a lot of purists might talk about how there is enough technological innovation in the fitness industry to ensure that a person can lose the body fat they need to simply by means of using exercise equipment, sometimes a sportsperson’s body needs some assistance and this is where supplements come in.
Amino acids are essential to the process of muscle mass building for athletes. When protein is ingested, the body breaks it down into amino acids which are then used by the body as it deems fit.
Amino acids, as supplements, ensure that a person can be saved the trouble of actually having to ingest protein and then wait for the body to break it up and then for the benefits to be felt. The cluster of amino acids that provide the maximum benefit is known as BCAA and one of the purported benefits is weight loss.
In order to know how this works, you need to know which BCAA is best for weight loss
- BCAA signals the brain to product serotonin which helps in burning fat, as well as, curb cravings for unhealthy food
- These supplements help you workout for longer, and with more productive results
- When you train intensively your muscles get sore. BCAA’s prevent this
- Since BCAAs are so easily absorbed, they help you build muscle
- Rather than your body converting muscle into fuel, BCAAs ensure that your body burns fat – which is the goal!